- 21 – 55% of Asian feamales within the U.S. report experiencing intimate and/or that is physical violence during their life time, considering a compilation of disagregated examples of Asian ethnicities in neighborhood communities. Information & Stats Report (2015)
- 18% of Asian or Pacific Islander ladies reported experiencing rape, assault, and/or stalking by the intimate partner within their life time in a nationwide study, when compared with 48% of United states Indians or Alaska indigenous women, 45% of Ebony women, 34% of Hispanic females, and 37percent of White women. CDC: 2010-2012 nationwide Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (2017)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Leung C & Cheung C. 2008. A prevalence research on partner punishment in six Asian United states ethnic teams in america. Overseas Personal Perform. 51(5): 635 – 649.
Domestic Violence-Related Homicide
- In a period that is six-year 160 situations in Asian families led to 226 fatalities, of which 72% were adult homicide victims, 10% had been child homicide victims, and 18% were committing committing suicide fatalities.
- 68% of victims had been intimate lovers (current, estranged, or ex-partners), of which 111 had been females and 14 had been guys.
- 83% of homicide perpetrators had been guys, 14% had been ladies, 3% unknown.
- Children had been the next biggest team of victims, while the moms and dads of spouses and girlfriends had been the 3rd biggest group. Shattered Everyday Lives (2010)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital violence: an examination of four communities that are asian. Violence Against Ladies. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Sexual Physical Physical Violence
- Of API females, 23% experienced some form of contact intimate physical violence, 10% skilled finished or tried rape, and 21% had non-contact undesired intimate experiences throughout their life time. CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Overview Report (2017)
- 56% of Filipinas and 64% of Indian and Pakistani women had skilled intimate physical violence by an intimate in a report of 143 domestic physical physical violence survivors. Intimate Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
- 8% of API females experienced stalking in their life time CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Summary Report (2017)
- 68% of Filipinas and 50% of Indian and Pakistani abused females reported being stalked by the Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
Children’s Experience Of Family Violence
- 70% of Cambodians, 61% of Chinese, 80% of Koreans, 79% of Southern Asians, and 72% of Vietnamese people reported being hit frequently as kiddies. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- 28% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 30% of Koreans, 8% of Southern Asians, and 27% of Vietnamese witnessed their dads frequently hit their moms. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- In analysis 160 homicide that is asian, 22 kids had been killed. For the 63 child that is non-fatal for who information had been available, 60 had been either on location as soon as the homicides happened, survived an attempted homicide, were attention or ear witnesses to a maternal homicide, or discovered the systems. Shattered Life (2010)
- Regarding the 3,116 trafficking survivors with specified ethnicities whom reached away to Polaris operated hotlines in 2016, 23% (715) were Asian. Polaris Venture: 2016 Statistics
Attitudes towards Violence
- Of 607 Asian respondents, the top explanations for why household physical physical violence occurs had been that the spouse desires energy, domination, and control (72 reacted in this way) and that he’s frustrated/has anger (67 responded in this way). Overall, household physical violence is overwhelmingly regarded once the problem that is personal of spouse.
- 22% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 29% of Korean, 5% of South Asian, and 9% of Vietnamese people stated that the girl who’s being mistreated should maybe not inform anybody about the punishment. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital physical physical violence: a study of four Asian communities. Violence Against Ladies. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Resources on Violence against API Females
Domestic and Sexual physical violence in Filipino Communities, 2018
A compilation of data on domestic physical hot estonian wife violence, intimate physical violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Filipino communities.
Data on Gender-Based Violence in Asian and Pacific Islander Communities, 2017
This factsheet compiles data on domestic physical violence, intimate physical violence, domestic physical physical violence associated homicide, stalking, children’s contact with household physical physical violence, and individual trafficking in Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
Ethnic-Specific Factsheets on Domestic Violence
Ethnic-specific compilations of data on domestic physical physical violence, intimate physical physical violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Asian communities within the U.S.
AAPI information, an accumulation infographics and factsheets on AAPIs